- Title/Role: Project Manager
- Job Type: Contract, part-time
- Possibly can lead to a direct hire, full-time position
- Up to 30 hours a week to begin with
- Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Expected working schedule:
- US time zone: 8 am ET to 2 pm ET
- US time zone: 9 am ET to 3 pm ET
- Location preference: Worldwide
Company Description and Work Culture
16X9 is an inclusive and diverse company where we value everyone’s ideas and creativity. We strive to create an atmosphere where work is not the end-all, be-all of your life – it’s a place where you have room to grow as the company grows.
We are a collaborative team that cares about our clients, our work, and each other. Our global team has a diverse range of professional backgrounds and expertise. As a remote workforce, we thrive on collaboration and trust our team to be able to manage their time and workload. We offer a high level of flexibility and freedom as long as the work is at the highest level of quality and deadlines are met. We support and encourage everyone’s unique work-life balance needs.
16X9 is seeking an energetic, positive, creative individual to join our team. Due to our accelerated growth, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager.
We need a motivated Project Manager who complements our worldwide team of expert creative designers. The Project Manager will play a critical role in the day-to-day execution of the company’s client deliverables. Working closely with the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will work to ensure client satisfaction and consolidate design input, brand guidelines and feedback into well-structured notes for the design team to address.
- Accurately manage multiple projects concurrently, always maintaining a high degree of organization and communication with all stakeholders.
- Continuously assess the day-to-day work loads of designers and team capacity, identifying potential challenges/bottlenecks and seeking solutions.
- Maintain the client and project intake and onboarding processes, taking the lead at understanding client needs and project objectives while helping to ensure the final deliverables meet or exceed the scope.
- Create project estimates, detailing the suggested approach, representing the financial interests of the company while being mindful of client budgets, timelines, and desired scope of services.
- Learn, master, and review internal processes, seeking opportunities to increase efficiencies and better support the team. In partnership with the Company’s leadership, promote adherence to company policies, procedures, and client delivery methodologies.
- Present preliminary design samples, provide necessary project updates, and receive and respond to last-minute requests for edits.
- Attend and participate in company meetings and team sessions.
Skills and Critical Competencies for Success
- Ideal candidates will have:
- 4 to 7+ years of work history
- 3+ years in a management role
- Previous work within a creative agency is preferred
- Experience with design, presentation design, or design agency is a major plus
- Ability to maintain focus under pressure and keep a positive demeanor with high energy, a strong sense of urgency, and a bias toward action.
- Exceptional ability to learn our processes, as well as the ability to think outside the box and arrive at new or customized approaches to our clients’ deliverables.
- Thrives “in the thick of it” as it relates to a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-minded environment managing multiple concurrent projects and quick delivery timelines.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills relating to timeline, schedule, and resource management, with the ability to drive productivity.
- Strong commitment to working as a team with an ability to foster strong working relationships, gain agreement on timelines, manage stakeholder requirements, and escalate risks before they become issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to work from home in a highly interactive manner with a geographically diverse team in a broad range of time zones
- Ability to work independently, tackle problems, and generate solutions.
- Ability to break down complex information into understandable pieces.
- Quick learner and active listener.
- Ability to interact with and represent the company to a range of people, from entry-level to upper management and leadership (top executives).
Salary range is $40 to $45 per hour, depending on experience.
Healthcare options and paid time off is not included as a part-time contractor.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, contact the Hiring Manager at careers@16×9.design.
Please include a resume, link to your portfolio or relevant work examples, your preferred contact information, and your favorite GIF.