Social Media Intern (Summer/Fall)
Position: Social Media Intern – Summer/Fall 2022
Job Type: Internship (5-10 hours/week)
Experience: College Student (Junior/Senior) or first-year graduate student
16X9 is no stranger to the internet, but when it comes to a company’s social media presence we have none. 16X9 is an inclusive and diverse company where we value everyone’s ideas and creativity. We strive to create an atmosphere where work is not the end-all, be-all of your life – it’s a place where you have room to grow as the company grows.
We are a collaborative team that cares about our clients, our work, and each other. Our global team has a diverse range of professional backgrounds and expertise. As a remote workforce, we thrive on collaboration and trust our team to be able to manage their time and workload. We offer a high level of flexibility and freedom, as long as the work is at the highest level of quality and deadlines are met. We support and encourage everyone’s unique work-life balance needs.
Social Media Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the company’s social media accounts and posts content.
- Brainstorms campaign ideas.
- Writes original content when required.
- Monitors various social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
Social Media Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- Social media marketing
- UX strategies and techniques
- Original content producer
- Online engagement
- Verbal communication
- College student majoring in digital media, marketing, advertising, or communications
- Minimal 3.0 GPA
- Familiarity with and experience using major social media platforms
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite and Google suite
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Excellent critical thinking skill
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
- In 3rd or 4th year of college undergraduate program or beyond
- Prior industry experience is a plus
- Presentation design marketing is huge plus
Salary range is $15 to $20 per hour, depending on experience. College credit can also be given
Please email careers@16×9.design if you’re interested in applying, and include your resume, a favorite social media or writing sample, and your favorite GIF.
16X9 is committed to anti-racism in its operations, and practices and to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Members of underrepresented groups, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color, are encouraged to apply.